Friday, December 14, 2012

Handy ready meals - the Alu Muttar variation

I had this for tea.

Alu Muttar. Very tasty.



Of course, all the time I was eating it, my brain was singing the Alu Muttar song.



Alu muttar, gentille alouette, alu muttar, je te plumerai. Je te plumerai la tete...

Haha! Got you! You thought I was going to be singing this other Alu Muttar song, didn't you?



We used to sing it in England when I was growing up, where it made no sense whatsoever.

Alu muttar...hello faddah,
Here I am at...Camp Granada!
I went hiking...with Joe Spivey
He developed...Poison Ivy!
You remember...Lynyrd Skynyrd... (wait, that can't be right)
He got ptomaine poisoning last night after dinner!

We don't have poison ivy or ptomaine poisoning in England. Like charlie horses and shin splints, ptomaine simply doesn't exist. What is it, anyway?

1 comment:

Bruv said...

Hi Sis

Funny you should have remembered the Hello Muddah sketch as a couple of weeks ago I dug out my old cassettes (yes those little plastic things with 2 cogs inside them)of Bill Cosby and the Noah's Ark sketch (might need it for the 21st December end of the world) and Bob Newhart and the driving instructor and bus driving instructor sketches. They still played on my beloved Nakamichi cassette deck and I might dig out my Goon Show tapes over Xmas. I must admit I almost pee'ed my pants laughing at Bill Cosby and Bob Newhart, tears were rolling down my face. The sketches were so simple and you could guess the next lines before they were spoken, but that is why they were so funny. Got to thank Mum and Dad for that side of our humour.

Bruv

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.