Sunday, May 13, 2012

Quote of the day

Tory backbencher Nadine Dorries doesn't have many good qualities - she's a Conservative, and a tireless anti-choice campaigner - but she did recently call David Cameron and George Osborne "arrogant posh boys" who "don't know the price of milk", and anything that starts an argument in that government is a good thing.

 However, she recently made my day by describing the Leveson Inquiry as a "bit of a damp squid".

 

She probably learned it from  IT Crowd's malaprop court scene on the subject.

 


If you're in a hurry, start at 1:04. However, you'll miss the set up to the joke if you do.

Talking about the IT Crowd, don't all those previews of Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows remind you of Richmond Felicity Avenal? Actually I think I prefer Richmond.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.