Saturday, May 12, 2012

Come With Me - Puff Daddy and Jimmy Page



Puff Daddy with Jimmy Page, Come With Me. It's from the 1998 movie Godzilla, though this performance is from Saturday Night Live.

I love its use of Kashmir as a backing track (yes, it's a backing track not a sample). It's not out of line with the Page/Plant uses of the riff over the years. However, it's roundly disliked by Led Zeppelin fans en masse.  Possibly for that reason, it's hard to find an actual performance of it on the interwebs. Luckily someone on the Led Zeppelin fanatics group Royal Orleans mentioned it was available on Russian tube. So I grabbed it.  Also it has Fox Mulder introducing it. How much better can a track be?

No idea how long it'll stay up.  Download it now with Freecorder! (I am not paid by Freecorder to say that.)

It reminds me of Rage Against the Machine's scalp-peelingly excellent Wake Up, although that's probably a bit more Mars, Bringer of War than Kashmir. Or not.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.