Monday, June 20, 2022

Jackson's Chameleons hanging out

 Khachaturian (Mr K for short) is a Jackson's Chameleon. It's not his birthday. But behind him, being almost invisible, is his wife, Mrs K. She was one year old in April. It's not long since I saw her being born. (Jackson's are live-bearing; they don't lay eggs.) She's certainly grown into a big, bossy adult but it's the male of the species that has the spectacular looks. 


chameleons in a cage

Mr and Mrs K here are enjoying the morning summer sunshine in So Cal. (They're not tropical lizards so they get put back into the shade before midday.)


hatchling chameleons on twigs, with plastic plant behind

Ms F at a few days old - well, it could be her. She was in a plastic tote with her brothers and sisters. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.