Sunday, June 19, 2022

Mr F the giant day gecko is 26 this month

 My Grandis Day Gecko - formerly known as a Geico Gecko - was 26 this month. At least, that's his observed birthday. His vet records show him as an adult in late 1996 and he was fully grown at least a few months before that, when I got him.  

Books generally say Phelsuma grandis lives around 13 years, but Mr F has beaten those odds. He's not exactly in prime condition, I have to admit. He's been blind for years and we hand feed him with fruit-based Crested Gecko food. (Day Geckos love fruit as well.) He seems to mostly enjoy life. His favorite things are warmth, sticking to vertical glass surfaces, hiding in bamboo tunnels and fruit-based gecko food. He had all of these things for his birthday party. 

Happy Birthday, Mr. F!

Day gecko lying on a bamboo log
Mr F sitting on his bamboo hide-away


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.