Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Prince of Wails

Prince - the artist formerly known as the Artist Formerly Known As Prince - recently railed against the internets. Not because they were failing to make him a profit, or the home of pirates, but because they were 'over'.


‘The internet’s completely over. I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it.

‘The internet’s like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good.

‘They just fill your head with numbers and that can’t be good for you.’

I learned about this sentiment on the internet, since I don't have newspapers during the week or TV at all. I'm willing to believe whatever Prince used to see on the internet is over, but I'm pretty sure the general concept is still soldiering on despite its presumed irrelevance.

In the spirit of obsolescence, I re-present All Your Base Are Belong To Us. It's from 2001, or thereabouts.




I loved that one. Shame the interwebs are over. And shame that the last Prince record I bought was in about 1988 or kind of like that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.