Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New Year's Resolutions, Dept. of Nigerian Finances

I made a New Year Resolution to track my finances. Because the one thing I cannot do is be bothered, I thought I'd look for a free Excel sheet that someone had already made that I could customize.

Anyway, I was directed to one ABSOLUTELY FREE site that said I could track my finances online, really really securely, no personal identifiers needed whatsoever so I could just relax.

I thought I would go ahead and read the privacy policy (I usually can't be bothered, see above.) It said,

"We ask for your online banking user name and passwords so that we can connect securely to your financial institutions."

Yeah, I'll be using that service. Even if 98% of the people who run it are honest (which I doubt), the entire set of their data probably resides with the Russian Mafia already. How gullible are people? (That's a rhetorical question.)

Back to the drawing board. Or Excel spreadsheet, whatever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.