Friday, January 21, 2011

Retablo

My favorite punkabilly icon Captain Sean Wheeler, Palm Springs psalmist, played last night in LA with his mate Zander Schloss, best known, I suppose, by his association with the Circle Jerks. Not that I was there - I'm not even going to LA for the Jack and Wanda Jackson shows on Sunday and Monday. No one goes to LA unless absolutely necessary.And I uselessly didn't see any videos of it, so here's an older one.

Sean Wheeler and Zander Schloss - Retablo



That's nice American folk music. The collaboration seems to be good for Sean, most well known for the raucous Throw Rag.

But you know, I'm a rockist at heart, so here's The Dead Weather with Van Morrison's You Just Can't Win, filmed a few months ago. It has one of Alison Mosshart's personal-space-trespassing moments that defined Dead Weather, starting at about the forty second mark.


Then again Jack likes the attention of the chicks. Here's a gif doing the rounds of a moment with Wanda Jackson.


[Couldn't find the gif post-photobucket-debacle, so here's a jpg.]











[Edit: Found it!
]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.