Monday, April 07, 2014

i09 Game of Thrones Crash Blossom

A crash blossom headline on i09.



It says, "We reached the "everybody's broken past fixing" part of Game of Thrones". 

I read it as "We have reached the part where we fix everybody's broken past" - which is a jolly nice place to be at.  Then I read the first paragraph:
Remember when all the characters on Game of Thrones were shiny and new? Now Tyrion Lannister can't get laid in a whorehouse. His brother Jaime has lost his groove. The Stark girls have death in their hearts. Jon Snow's a traitor forever. Last night's premiere showed these characters aren't just broken, but broken beyond repair.
It seems that what it really means is "From where we are now, it appears no one can be fixed because everyone is too broken". That's not such a great place to be.

Mind you, I've never watched nor read Game of Thrones, so I don't really care. It's a great headline though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.