Thursday, June 25, 2009

Copyright and King Lear

Groklaw on Shakespeare's King Lear, which wasn't entirely his, and in this day and age would be regarded as criminal copyright infringement.

Does that mean Willy wasn't a genius? Why, no. It means today's copyright laws are nonsensical.
Groklaw also goes off a bit on Jammie Thomas, the woman ordered to pay $1.92 million because her young sons (probably) uploaded a couple of dozen songs to a sharing site. That's $80,000 per song, a pay out so unreasonable it's likely to be challenged on constitutional grounds.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.