Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Dead Weather News

There is an outstanding article in Black Book Mag on The Dead Weather. Nice picture. So nice in fact I'll reproduce it here.



photo from black book mag
The mystery of the blonde hair on Jack's arm is not revealed but I assume it's a fur stole that Alison's wearing. I note Jack White is fondling Little Jack's boots. Good move. I'd do the same if I were in his position.
In the article JW comes across as rather more introspective than previously. So does Alison Mosshart, I believe. A couple of interesting word choices too. "Sexual liberation" seems to be the extremely negative phrase Christians and conservatives use where I'd use "sexual revolution". I see the first page of the Google search has quite a lot of stuff on the Illuminati's effect on the purity of our precious bodily fluids, how commies are ruining our women etc. Sexual revolution has few such connotations.
Set your clocks: The Dead Weather will be shown live on From the Basement on June 22nd. http://www.ftblive.com/

Here is a source of White Stripes boots[1]: http://240plan.ovh.net/~redcandy/whitestripes/ I downloaded the live covers. That should keep me going for a few days.
***
[1] Boots, or bootlegs, being recordings of independent origin, not officially-released material which has been pirated.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.