Sunday, April 26, 2009

Where are they now?

A special "where are they now?" shout out to the landscape that appears on millions of computers around the world - the XP desktop theme called Bliss. Never could stand it myself, as it looked barren and artificial.

In this article in Serial Consign I learned why. It was originally a vineyard, but after an attack of Phylloxera, the vines were uprooted and the hill reverted to grass. The article has before and after pictures.




















Edit 06/26/2013 - link restored by virtue of the Wayback Machine.
Edit 07/18/2017 to restore Botophucket's broken link.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.