Saturday, May 21, 2022

Kalanchoe collection: Pies from Heaven

 Kalanchoes may have twelve-foot tall tree varieties, but they also have a selection of midsize and even small species. 

The smallest I have rejoices in the name Pies from Heaven. Unfortunately, it doesn't bear real pies on its branches, and even if it did, they'd be 1cm pie slices. A bit small. 

These are Kalanchoe rhombopilosa, evolved to live in the dry, rocky soil of Madagascar slopes. 


photo of small plant called K rhombopilosa

photo of small plant called K rhombopilosa


It's a beautiful plant but it's so small I haven't figured out a way to show it off yet - you'd have to give visitors a magnifying glass to appreciate its little heavenly pies. (It also hasn't grown a centimeter in the four months I've had it.) I guess this is rhombo's little moment of glory. Say hello to the internet, rhombo!

I resource I used for K. rhombopilosa was Kalanchoe Succulent. They have a picture of a fully grown specimen on that page for comparison. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.