Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Kalanchoe marnieriana

 One unusual Kalanchoe is K. marnieriana. The leaves are rounder than usual, the stalks longer and thinner, and the plant grows roots along its length, allowing it to lie on the ground and creep across to new places to live. 

It was sold as a ground cover, in a flat. I grew it in a pot and wasn't impressed but this year it seems to have settled down and filled the pot nicely. It will get long and leggy (as Kalanchoes tend to do) but it's easy to cut it back and it starts again from the rootstock. 


K marnieriana in a pot with a green plant on the left



One resource is Gardenia.net

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.