Sunday, May 22, 2022

Shared the garden with insects today

 Spent the day in the yard. So did the insects. 

A Plague of Locust on the beans. These huge grasshoppers are a nuisance around here, mostly because they're too large for my Jackson's chameleons to eat. I need to get another giant Veiled male. They loved them. 

grasshopper eating a bean leaf on a background of bean leaves



A butterfly which I am reliably told is a Black Swallowtail, Papilio polyxenes. It's on the beans too, but apparently it's after the carrots. It looked completely fresh and new, but I haven't seen any caterpillars on the carrots so far. 


black and white swallowtail butterfly with blue and orange spots on a background of leaves




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.