Friday, May 27, 2022

Millot's Kalanchoe

 Kalanchoe millottii is a pale green, furry succulent that stays quite small.  It's the one nearest the camera in the photo below.  It has pleasing scalloped leaf edges and thick succulent leaves. So far it is making a good effort to form a little clump of plants. It's less than 25 cm tall. It hasn't flowered (in a year) and is showing no signs of bolting yet. 

On the other hand, the new leaves (to the upper left) are not the same shape. They resemble K. tomentosa. No idea if every specimen does this or if it's just mine. 

(Update: it's probably a hybrid between the two - see here for details. Thanks, correspondent Kyle.)


Kalanchoe millotii in pot

Important care tips for millotii can be found at World of Succulents. To which I'd add: don't get water on the felted leaves when it's sunny. You can see the leaf damage that results on the far leftmost leaf. 


(The other plants visible in the pot are K. beharensis Blue Slick and K. Marnieriana, about which more elsewhere.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.